16 years ago
I'm just starting on a long-term project to do the entire Boeing 7x7 line in
1/144 using the new Boeing Commercial Aircraft livery. For an example,
I have lots of good photos to go on and copy of the Boeing livery guide (i.e
colour codes) but I'm wondering about the sequencing and would appreciate
any advice. I've got construction done and I'm in the midst of priming
(Tamiya white from a rattle can). The plan is:
1. Brush paint gloss white around the middle then mask the "horizon line"
2. Brush paint the upper fuselage light grey
3. Brush paint the lower fuselage dark blue and a "blob" over the wing above
the horizon line, then mask off the dark blue stripes and the bottom half
4. Airbrush the light blue "blush" at the front and over the dark blue blob
w/ stripe masking
5. Gloss coat everything
6. Apply decals
7. Future the fuselage
8. Metalize the wings, horzontal tail, engine exhausts, etc.
Does anyone have any advice on a better sequence? I'm particularly
concerned about step 5, getting good enough coverage with the light blue
over the dark blue stripes without getting the paint so thick that I get
ridges when I pull the masking.
I also lost the flight deck windows somewhere during construction...anyone
know where I could find a replacement for an Airfix 1/144 727-200?
All ideas welcome,