Inner tension

Is it possible to measure the amount of inner tension in plastic part? Is it possible with DSC perhaps? Has anybody done any research about it?

Reply to
Laura K.

If the part is clear, crossed polars can be used to examine the orientation of a polymer part. The degree of orientation can be quantified (Senarmont or Babinet compensation) and this could then be related to a stress.

I can go into a lot more detail, but before I do so I would like to know if this what you are interested in. I don't want to waste time for either of us if this is going in the wrong direction.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek