[PEEK]

Hi

I'm searching for a method in order to stick PEEK on composite material. Do you know if heat treatment will be enough or should I use a surface treatment?

Thanks by advance

Reply to
<jeremy.sanchez_beltran

I thinkthis belongs to the type of composite...

I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

Reply to
Michael Erwerle

Jeremy, you could either use an adhesive (epoxy resins have excellent adhesion to PEEK, cyanoacrylates are pretty good too). Or you could try welding the PEEK component to the surface. The success of this depends on the matrix in your composite, if it's a PEEK matrix you should get excellent weld strength to the composite, if it's not then the weld strength will largely depend upon the degree of mechanical keying you can obtain. What thickness of PEEK do you need on your composite? If it's only thin you could use a powder coating technique to apply a layer of PEEK to your composite.

Reply to
The Mekon

Thanks for your answer,

It is a thin film of PEEK I have to stick on an epoxy carbon composite Do you think a grit blaster will be enough or should I use something as acid etching in PEEK surface?

Thanks by advance Jérémy

"The Mekon" a écrit dans le message de news:bgpcnf$q4kfg$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-115312.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
<jeremy.sanchez_beltran

If you're adhesively bonding then acid etching or plasma treatment will give you the best results, if you're going to try and weld the PEEK to the composite I would grit blast and then clean the surface with acetone.

Reply to
The Mekon