Question about writing on PDMS

Greetings,
This may seem like a silly question, but for our application we are using
polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) for microcontact printing of cells. We
are busily generating a large quantity of PDMS stamps with various patterns and
we could like to keep them straight by marking them
appropriately, so a user can readily tell what's on it.
Unfortunately, etching it with a razor is time-consuming and most markers don't
seem to work very well. We have found that ultra-fine
Sharpie marker works the best, but since we store the stamps flat (marked) side
down in a petri dish, the ink gradually comes off onto the
dish.
Does anyone know of a means to mark PDMS permanently?
TIA,
-Mark
Reply to
Cueball
Depending on the formulation of your stamps,a regular biro type pen may work (it does on some of our silicone compounds) Or you could get some silicone adhesive tape (companies like Tessa, Scapa or distributors in the tapes industry should be able to help you source something) which you could then easily write on the back of. Although these tapes aren't cheap...
Reply to
Prov Bloke
polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) for microcontact printing of cells. We
and we could like to keep them straight by marking them
don't seem to work very well. We have found that ultra-fine
side down in a petri dish, the ink gradually comes off onto the
Stencil mask then laser marking, oxygen plasma may work if you have access to plasma etching equipment.
boer
Reply to
boer

Site Timeline