Responds to Relative Humidity

I need a material that responds mechanically as an indicator of
relative humidity. I have looked inside commercial humidistats used
in home heating systems. They use some sort of plastic strip that
expands and contracts with changes in humidity and trips a
microswitch. Is this plastic strip some exotic material, or is it
something that is generally available?
-Robert Scott
Ypsilanti, Michigan
(Reply through this forum, not by direct e-mail to me, as automatic reply
address is fake.)
Reply to
Robert Scott

Site Timeline