Relative permittivity

I want to ask about :

  1. the defenitions of relative permittivity of free space
  2. there is a relation between soil resistivity and relative permittivity, can u inform me please about the relative permittivity's value of soil resistivity 50, 100, 500, and 1000 Ohm-meter. For anyone help, I thank very much.

Sincerely yours, (Siska Matondang)

Reply to
simamat_80

The relative permittivity of free space is 1

The absolute value is 8.854 E-12 Farad / metre

To get the absolute permittivity of any material simply multiply the value above by it's relative permittivity.

I don't know of a _direct_ relationship between permittivity and resistivity. The two are different parameters of a material. They will both affect a measurement of a material, though.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

A little more:

For a material, it's permittivity is usually taken as a parallel parameter. Resistivity is usually a series parameter.

The 4 material dependent parameters are:

resistivity permittivity permeability (inductive) conductivity

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS