Relative permittivity

I want to ask about :
1. the defenitions of relative permittivity of free space
2. there is a relation between soil resistivity and relative
permittivity, can u inform me please about the relative permittivity's
value of soil resistivity 50, 100, 500, and 1000 Ohm-meter.
For anyone help, I thank very much.
Sincerely yours, (Siska Matondang)
Reply to
simamat_80
The relative permittivity of free space is 1
The absolute value is 8.854 E-12 Farad / metre
To get the absolute permittivity of any material simply multiply the value above by it's relative permittivity.
I don't know of a _direct_ relationship between permittivity and resistivity. The two are different parameters of a material. They will both affect a measurement of a material, though.
Cheers
PeteS
Reply to
PeteS
A little more:
For a material, it's permittivity is usually taken as a parallel parameter. Resistivity is usually a series parameter.
The 4 material dependent parameters are:
resistivity permittivity permeability (inductive) conductivity
Cheers
PeteS
Reply to
PeteS