seek the adhesive for vibrating plastic

We are setting up production to glue part of the loud speaker plastic
bracket to the speaker vibrating film together.
One part of plastic bracket is glue to nylon powder coated metal housing.
Another part of this plastic bracket is glue to vibrating polyester plastic
film.
Which adhesive supplier would you recommend?
Can you advise what is good adhesive for this application?
Thank you for your advises.
Reply to
AMac
You want to glue a plastic bracket to a nylon powder coat and also glue a plastic bracket to a polyester film.
There seems to be a little something missing from your description of the glue surfaces. Care to share it with us?
Brian W
Reply to
Brian Whatcott
Brian, actually, this is the same plastic bracket in between. One side of bracket is glued to Nylon powder coated steel housing. The othe side of bracket is glued to vibriating polyester film.
We are seeking the right kind adhesive for production to apply on both side of this plastic bracket.
Reply to
AMac
Ah, I see I was too oblique: you mentioned the plastic polyester film, and the plastic nylon powder coat, but not the plastic of which the bracket is made. There are solvent glues, hot glues and reactive or two part glues. You have doubtless already tested epoxy, hot glue, instant glue, and foam polyurethane of the kinds you can buy in a hardware store. Plastics are difficult - a mechanically abraded surface can help the bond.
Brian W
Reply to
Brian Whatcott
The steel housing has nylon powder coating. The plastic bracket is ABS. The vibrating film is PET polyester film.
These three material are sandwiched together. The glue areas is much too large for welding. Also, do not allow for one to one welding.
Reply to
AMac
Depends on how much mechanical load is actually applied to these two interfaces, but I doubt that you can achieve a decent adhesion with any affordable glue, because PA-ABS and ABS-PET are too dissimilar plastic combinations!
Is perhaps mechanical assembly a choise for you, like screws, rivets, clamps, snap fittings etc...?
AMac wrote:
Reply to
Rolf Wissmann
No, I am told we must use glue. Any mechanical assembly will distort the reproduction of sound.
Where can I find out more about glue os ABS-PET and ABS to Nylon?
What is PA, Nylon powder?
Reply to
AMac
"AMac" wrote in news:KZm0j.245$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net:
At this point, I would go to an adhesives supplier or manufacturer. For example go to the 3M site, go to contact 3M, and ask if they supply anything that will do the job. Also ask if there is an adhesive that will bond your primary substrates to a third substrate. You could then use an intermediate ring to form the bond.
Reply to
Charly Coughran
Two sensible suggestions right there! But gluing something to a speaker cone will distort the sound as well.....
Brian W
Reply to
Brian Whatcott
PA stands for polyamide, so does Nylon. The type of polyamide used for powder coating is mostly polyamide 11, sometimes it is polyamide 6-12. Find more on powder coating here ->
On adhesives, for example, see:
Depends on how much mechanical load is actually applied to these two
Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Site Timeline

  • We are a manufacture of PVDC coating film in China. Our products including BOPP...

    ⚗ Polymers