seek the adhesive for vibrating plastic

We are setting up production to glue part of the loud speaker plastic bracket to the speaker vibrating film together.
One part of plastic bracket is glue to nylon powder coated metal housing.
Another part of this plastic bracket is glue to vibrating polyester plastic film.
Which adhesive supplier would you recommend?
Can you advise what is good adhesive for this application?
Thank you for your advises.

You want to glue a plastic bracket to a nylon powder coat and also glue a plastic bracket to a polyester film.
There seems to be a little something missing from your description of the glue surfaces. Care to share it with us?
Brian W

Brian, actually, this is the same plastic bracket in between. One side of bracket is glued to Nylon powder coated steel housing. The othe side of bracket is glued to vibriating polyester film.
We are seeking the right kind adhesive for production to apply on both side of this plastic bracket.

Ah, I see I was too oblique: you mentioned the plastic polyester film, and the plastic nylon powder coat, but not the plastic of which the bracket is made. There are solvent glues, hot glues and reactive or two part glues. You have doubtless already tested epoxy, hot glue, instant glue, and foam polyurethane of the kinds you can buy in a hardware store. Plastics are difficult - a mechanically abraded surface can help the bond.
Brian W
Brian Whatcott wrote:

That's why I suggested ultrasonic welding. One of its strength is bonding dissimilar plastic.

The steel housing has nylon powder coating. The plastic bracket is ABS. The vibrating film is PET polyester film.
These three material are sandwiched together. The glue areas is much too large for welding. Also, do not allow for one to one welding.
Depends on how much mechanical load is actually applied to these two interfaces, but I doubt that you can achieve a decent adhesion with any affordable glue, because PA-ABS and ABS-PET are too dissimilar plastic combinations!
Is perhaps mechanical assembly a choise for you, like screws, rivets, clamps, snap fittings etc...?
AMac wrote:

No, I am told we must use glue. Any mechanical assembly will distort the reproduction of sound.
Where can I find out more about glue os ABS-PET and ABS to Nylon?
What is PA, Nylon powder?

At this point, I would go to an adhesives supplier or manufacturer. For example go to the 3M site, go to contact 3M, and ask if they supply anything that will do the job. Also ask if there is an adhesive that will bond your primary substrates to a third substrate. You could then use an intermediate ring to form the bond.
--
-------
Charly Coughran

-
Two sensible suggestions right there! But gluing something to a speaker cone will distort the sound as well.....
Brian W
PA stands for polyamide, so does Nylon. The type of polyamide used for powder coating is mostly polyamide 11, sometimes it is polyamide 6-12. Find more on powder coating here -> http://www.specialchem4coatings.com/tc/powder-coatings/index.aspx?id On adhesives, for example, see: http://www.dymax.com/products/index.php http://www.dymax.com/products/plastic/plastic_substrate_selector.php http://www.specialchem4adhesives.com/index.aspx http://www.omnexus4adhesives.com/index.aspx
AMac wrote:

AMac wrote:

Any reason not to use ultrasonic welding?

Case there was a hole right thru , would there be room for a cast rivit ?