THE WORLD NEEDS COLD FUSION

We can make energy out of matter, and matter out of energy. With cold fusion, we will unlock the power of the atom, and the world will have infinite energy and be able to create matter out of energy and thus infinite wealth.

Cold fusion is for real. Just like the light bulb it may take many attempts to get it right.

Thomas Edison failed more than 1,000 times when trying to create the light bulb. When asked about it, Edison allegedly said, "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb." He then succeeded, and now the world has light.

Cold fusion is for real.

From Wired Magazine "What If Cold Fusion Is Real?"

"That's what makes cold fusion so nonreproducible," says Storms. "You have to load the palladium with very high concentrations [of deuterium], and many samples simply won't tolerate it."

"Heat has practical applications," concedes McKubre, "but what am I supposed to do with the ability to turn expensive elements into cheap ones?"

This, finally, is his explanation for many negative results. There's still a snag, though. Just because he knows how to select good palladium, doesn't mean he knows how to make it. "Pons and Fleischmann used to test samples from a supplier, Johnson Matthey, and over the years they figured out how to create palladium that worked most of the time. But Johnson Matthey signed a nondisclosure agreement with Technova, the Toyota-supported group that financed the research in France. The Japanese thought cold fusion would be hugely successful, and therefore everyone would want this certain type of palladium, and they'd clean up."

Of course, it never happened. Technova abandoned cold fusion. But according to Storms the nondisclosure agreement still exists, and Johnson Matthey is still bound by it. (A spokesperson at Johnson Matthey would not confirm that an agreement exists.)

"Someone should buy it from Technova," I suggest.

Storms laughs. "Why should they? It's worthless! You can't make any money from cold fusion - at least, not using the Pons-Fleischmann method."

And so, at this point, Storms is stymied. He shows me a paper he has written, with a grim cover letter: "Ironically, it is now possible to know why we failed but it is too late to follow a more successful path ... Without access to widely circulated journals, this negative attitude within the scientific community obviously cannot be changed. Even overwhelming proof, as demanded by many scientists in the past, can have no effect because no mechanism exists for it to be communicated to the scientific professions."

Reply to
gooddad

I remember reading a chemistry book in my youth with an anecdote about the effects of electrolysis using a palladium cathode. The author stated, in a quite serious book not given to flights of fancy, that the reaction of the cathode with the gas was so vigorous that the electrode was destroyed. Is this a normal effect of electrolysis with palladium? Or had the author witnessed a large energy flux that could be hinting at fusion?

Reply to
Englishmystic