where can I find some detail introductions for the emulsion polymerization with redox system.

I have try to use (NH4)2S2O8~Na2S2O5 redox system the synthesis the vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion. I 'm not sure about the ratio of (NH4)2S2O8~Na2S2O5 are there any books or monographs discussing this topic( redox polymerization in emulsion)? thank you for your help.

Reply to
huanggeng

An acrylonitrile polymerization recipe in "Preparative Methods of Polymer Chemistry" gives a persulfate/bisulfite ratio of about 2/1. Persulfate used at less than 1% monomer weight. 22 g. monomer in 200 ml. water. Poly'm. temp. 40 deg. C. Does not mention, but there should be ~1 pm iron in the water. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Thank you. I will try it.

Reply to