Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

We make poly urethanes- will polypropylene glycol increase in pH affect it?
We react PPG with isocyanate to yield a poly urethane product. Our supplier has recently increased the pH of our incoming PPG. Will this have an impact on the PPG / Isocyanate reaction?

DIY Vacuum Forming
This group looks over run with spam, but just in case there are some plastics guys still reading it... (Posted earlier on another group. Somebody suggested this one.) I finally decided to make a...

bottle blow molding machine, bottling lines
Greeting from KINTL in China! We are professional manufacturer and designer for whole plant solution for bottled water and soft drinks: 1.) Water treatment and drinks preparation 2.) Bottling lines...

PDMS density
Hi all, I'd like to have a PDMS similar to Sylgard 184 from Dow Corning, but I need the density to be less than water. I've tried with above product and after it's cured, it floats on water due...
2
2

Cellulose Fibers For Brine Filtration
UNIEXCEL began with the focus to provide the time tested, proven technology in Filtration and Separation to growing Indian Industries such as Chemical, Petrochemicals, Fertilizers, Pharmaceuticals,...

Alfa Cellulose
UNIEXCEL began with the focus to provide the time tested, proven technology in Filtration and Separation to growing Indian Industries such as Chemical, Petrochemicals, Fertilizers, Pharmaceuticals,...

LDPE process question
I'm using an extrusion of LDPE, 640i. ID .032" Wall .005". I have a process= where I re-flow the extrusion, using a mandrel,FEP heatshrink and hotair. = I have noticed that my pre reflow process...
3
3

What is the meaning of stress relaxation modulus polymer?
What is the meaning of stress relaxation modulus polymer?

What is rouse relaxation time in polymers?
What is rouse relaxation time in polymers?

Call for Papers (CFP)
========================================================= Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences Call for Research Papers (Vol. 2 No. 10) Oct 2011 Sir/ Madam, Journal of...

Polymers molding and rapid prototyping
Urethane and polymers molding. Rapid prototyping.

Question about Bismuth presence (as contaminant) in injection mouldsurface, after injecting PP
Dear fellows, one of my customers find Bismuth (yellow powder) on injection moulds surface after injecting PP. I've been asked about the possible origin of such contamination: Any idea ? Thanks Gino...
5
5

Shock/impact absorbing materials?
I've seen demonstrations of both d3o ( and Sorbothane ( Unfortunately, d3o is not available to the general public in sheets, and sorbothane sheets are incredibly expensive. I've been trying to find...
4
4

Making knee inserts - Neoprene? EVA? Polymers?
I'm going to be making some of my own knee inserts for my paintball pants, along with some openable pockets out of canvas or heavy gauge cotton. The main reason I'm opting to make my own knee inserts...
3
3

PVC and Calcium Carbonate
Fellow members, i ask you for wise tip. Im wondering what is easyiest and best way to determine amount of Calcium Carbonate (used as filler) in PVC material? 1) Maybe by measuring mass and density of...
2
2