Brabender Software

Greetings, All - Does someone out there have a copy of the interface software for use with the PL2100 plasti-corder unit? We recenty took posession of such a unit and it came lacking the discs. I am not looking for anything illegal - a legitimate copy would be fine. Anybody? Thanks...

Reply to
longleyguy

"longleyguy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@30g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Is there a reason why the most obvious source for Bradender software won't work?

Regards R. David Zopf Bomar Specialties Co.

Reply to
atomweaver

innews: snipped-for-privacy@30g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

If I take it right, the PL2100 is not supported by WINext... I have been advised that the interface requires 1995 vintage software. It is unclear whether CWB is suprting this or not. I am not in the middle of this project - just trying to help colleagues...

Open to suggestions - this was a good one.

Reply to
longleyguy

"longleyguy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

That'd be a good reason ;-)

One thing which might work is a "Wanted" ad at Labx.com... I've had some fair success getting photo-copies of less-than-common analytical equipment user manuals that way.

Another could be to do a publication search of experimental sections for common polymer journals (JPS A&B, etc), and contact any university professors who reference collecting data with a PL2100... Tell 'em you'll barter the software for a summer intern position for one of their undergrads. Then you can get a kid to teach you the ins and outs of the software, too ;-)

Last option (likely the priciest) would be third-party extrusion software vendors like

Brabenders are common enough, and if they are a software vendors, they might be more likely than even Brabender themselves to have some old code lying around.

Good Luck!

Regards, R. David Zopf Bomar Specialties Co.

Reply to
atomweaver

innews: snipped-for-privacy@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Ah - Bibliography Spelunking. Tried that (for something different) a long while back. Might be time again. Thanks!

Reply to
longleyguy

Why not try Brabender. It migth cost you something but at least you are sure you get the software complete. I had the same problem in Holland and Brabender helped me quick (and while it we had bougt from them for free).

Reply to
ubje

I believe my cohorts have approached CWB - as I understand it, they were told that a copy of 10+ year old software, with no value to anyone on Earth lacking a PL2100, that may well require vintage hardware to run... Will cost $1200. And with no support, most likely. I understand the last tech that came out on a visit stated that he was surprised that CWB would even sell it at all - few if any techs are trained on it, those elder it seems. Then again, he wouldn't even demo the software while he was sitting around waiting for barrel temps to saturate...

Maybe things are different there, but this is the norm here for instrumentation companies....

Reply to
longleyguy

Any update on this? I have an old style brabender PL2100. It came with disks for Windows NT, but no WINMIX or WINEXT software.

Reply to
zach.s.giles