Tektronix OpenChoice software

Anybody have any experience with this package?

It is a simple interface for saving and displaying data from a compatible oscilloscope. Actual communication is carried out by another program, TekVisa.

In any event, I am having absolutely no luck getting this to run on anything with an AMD processor (spec says Pentium 3 @ 500 MHz or equivalent.). Have tried ALL the suggested OSes with no success. Works fine on a 600 MHz Pentium 3 laptop, but strange that it has such a problem with AMD.

Tek support, of course, blames me for not understanding serial ports. The AMD machines have NOTHING on them except the OS. No modem, nothing that might grab the serial ports. The laptop on which the software works, however, has every rotten, sloppy communication program known to man on it, in addition to Controlnet, DeviceNet, Ethernet, and a bunch of other industrial networks. THAT one works, the pristine install on an AMD gags big time.

Anybody have any experience with OpenChoice or TekVisa?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
BFoelsch