car opening tools and software

at the risk of baiting the trolls, i have a question about a certain small company out of miami with a product similar to the tech train jiffy jack. they also have car opening software i am curious about, as i could use something similar on my laptop with minimal bulk in the truck.

can anybody give me any advice on the company (High Tech Tools), the tools or the software? I've seen their name mentioned here once, but not recently.

Thanks for any advice, and all trolls will be ignored

Cus

Reply to
CusMarsh

High Tech is reputable. Their kits have historically tended toward a somewhat larger number of tools, which may disagree with your reduce-bulk-in-the-truck goals. I was less than delighted with their manuals when I glanced at them some years ago, but I've been told told the quality of their photography and printing have improved considerably since then. Haven't seen the software at all.

This is always a matter of how the tools fit the way an individual technician works, and I definitely haven't done enough auto work with either for my opinion to be valid... but my overall impression is that HT was a notch below Tech Train in convenience of use.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

I use it and so far it has been accurate. He does tend to go overboard on the number of tools though. I use z-tools, a few flat slim jims, and a few I made plus a few pro-lock only because that's what my supplier has on hand.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

I like them... BUT... go get the 'under the window' Pro Lock tools AS WELL.. High's is NOT good, IMO

and have NO clues about the software, I use the books myself.. but the book pictures have improved greatly.. if it shows in the MIDDLE OF THE HANDLE, its THERE.. about their only problem is 'sometimes' you move the tool opposite how they show, OR, on a couple of models, the rod is further toward the seat, and you cant reach it with the tool they recommend

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I think I noticed that in one of the NL columns, which publishes collected instructions from a number of auto-tool companies. Everyone else said move the linkage one way; they said move the other. This _may_ be a matter of phrasing; when using a tool as a lever moving its handle one way may indeed move the linkage the other way... but it definitely caused me to do a double-take.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

Thanks to all who replied. I may go ahead and order the tools and software, play guinea pig, and let you know.

Reply to
CusMarsh