Anyone need a complete 1.2 GHz PC?

Hi folks,

I've been sorting and rationalising my computer equipment. I've built two PCs from parts. One I'll be keeping (for the times I can't use Unix), and the other is now surplus.

Specifications are:

- AMD Duron 1.2 GHz processor

- 256 MB RAM

- 40 GB hard disk

- 48x CD-Rom

- CD writer

- 10 Mb/s Ethernet

- Monitor (with speakers), keyboard and mouse

- Legitimate copy of Windows XP (with disc and COA)

This machine would be fine for browsing the Web and reading Usenet. Anyone need such a machine? It's currently in Shropshire. I know it's not worth a huge amount, but I spent most of yesterday building it. I'd be happy to do someone a swap. Smallish things I'm looking for include:

- Forged tap wrench, 10" to 12" long

- 1" BSW socket, 3/4" drive

- Hy-Flo laboratory air pump

- Vintage motors and electrical equipment

- A big aluminium saucepan

- Pieces of engineering history that are too good to throw away

If you're interested, post here or e-mail me (cdt22 AT cantab DOT net). If you haven't got a swap, mail me anyway. I want the computer to find a good home as I hate waste!

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy