My favorite surfacing tool: extend

I looked for this one for quite a while. I thought it was part of Offset = or hidden somewhere in Trim. It just turned out to be lost in the = conversion to object/action~pick the object and the functionality = suddenly appears. And it's even called Extend. The trick is turning a = surface edge into the fuzzy red worm. As soon as that happens, you go to = the Edit menu and Extend isn't greyed out anymore. Click Extend and you = get some default extension and extend options. The drag handle is nice = though it seems oblivious to scale. Some Merge>Intersects are now = possible that weren't before being able to make "sloppy", overlapping = surfaces.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

r hidden somewhere in Trim. It just turned out to be lost in the conversion = to object/action~pick the object and the functionality suddenly appears. And= it's even called Extend. The trick is turning a surface edge into the fuzzy= red worm. As soon as that happens, you go to the Edit menu and Extend isn't= greyed out anymore. Click Extend and you get some default extension and ext= end options. The drag handle is nice though it seems oblivious to scale. Som= e Merge>Intersects are now possible that weren't before being able to make "= sloppy", overlapping surfaces.

I don't know what I'd do without it.

Unfortunately it won't always extend as far as I want, and I have to use the "tangent" or "approximate" option, which then creates an extra surface in the quilt. Another way to get it to work is to change the end condition from "along edge" to "normal". That will somtimes get it to extend when it otherwise won't.

Reply to
graminator