"Trim" quilts

I lost something in the move to Wildfire, the ability I'm sure I had to use a quilt to cut or "trim" a solid. In looking under 'Edit>Trim', it seems it's only to trim surfaces with other surfaces. Maybe it's hidden in some other menu, like Extend or Offset. I'm stumped. Anyone know?

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

quilt to cut or "trim" a solid. In looking under 'Edit>Trim', it seems it's only to trim surfaces with other surfaces. Maybe it's hidden in some other menu, like Extend or Offset. I'm stumped. Anyone know?

I think this is what you mean, pick quilt or plane Edit/Solidify then remove material

Reply to
kenny

You can 'edit-solidify' quilts either as solids (if they're closed), thin solids, or cuts. You can also solidify datum planes as cuts.

Reply to
john.r.wade

You can 'edit-solidify' quilts either as solids (if they're closed), thin solids, or cuts. You can also solidify datum planes as cuts.

Thanks, guys, yup, that was it. Merged quilt, 'Edit>Solidiy' and pick the Remove Material button. Simple, once you know how. And maybe not the MOST obscure thing in Pro/e, just the button I couldn't figure out a good reason for trying. But subtracting one solid from another does make sense.

David Janes

Janes