Tweak-Replace in Wildfire

I can't find this feature.Please help.

Reply to
Canadian

According to the Menu Mapper, Tweak replace and several other surface functions were combined into 'Edit>Offset'. It's true, you can do many things with this new function. Make friends with 'Edit>Offset'.

For a replace, you pick the surface to be replaced, go to Edit>Offset. Don't worry about the offset surface it shows you. Go to the drop down list box which says Standard and click the arrow. Pick Replace and pick the replacing surface. Click the green OK check mark and you're done.

It's good to try out this new feature of Pro/e help called Menu Mapper to find out what's happened to the stuff you can't find in Wildfire. Chances are they didn't lose it. If you don't get the Web Browser at start up, you can go to ptc.com>user area>new technology. On the left, you select the module you're using and the year you're upgrading from. You find the menu that you need translated into Wildfire and it gives you some information about the new location and any new functionality. It won't tell you how to use it, but it'll get you where you're going.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Reply to
Canadian

Correction: I missed a step in the page references to Menu Mapper's location. It should read

ptc.com>user area>new technology>Pro/Engineer Wildfire Webtools. This is where you'll find Menu Mapper.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

So what's the benefit of the new Wildfire? Other than you can't find anything and it takes you twice as long to do anything until you survive the learning curve from the previous versions. Personally I don't like it. I'll get used to it, but I don't like it.

Just my 2 cents.

Doug

Reply to
Doug