Nc-Post

Could someone tell me whitch is the right function to set to get a post-cn with G2 and G3 block with I and J value included Example: Nxx G2 X123 Y456 I2.22 J4.67 My problem is that actually sometimes I or J or both are missed and the machine CNC show a error

Thanks in advance for your help. Ro

Reply to
Massimo D.

Might help our machining gurus to know what software you're posting from.

Reply to
David Janes

I assume he is posting from Pro/NC and needs to dig into the settings in the post he is using. I don't answer his question because I don't know the answer.

I've never heard of this problem before. An arc move without an I or a J and the problem is intermittent? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The common problem with I and J is incremental or absolute. For some reason the industry standard is to locate the arc center relative to the last point, and not the absolute location. That is a simple setting to change in the PP, you just need to look for it.

Reply to
Polymer Man

*IF* your using Gpost , the default post-processor in Pro, under motion,the circular codes tab has to have the IJK output when zero set, and in the general tab turn on output the repeat point. It sounds like that when IJK are zero, or unchanged they are not output. there are also other settings in that page you may find of use.
Reply to
Stu

I'm trying to think why Gpost would allow something that can create an error condition (IJK missing). The only thing I can figure is that it expects never to see IJK all having zero values. What kind of geometry or what kind of programming practices could produce this? You'd think, if you're asking the machine to do something impossible, it'd show up in NC-Check or Vericut.

Reply to
David Janes

It all depends on the controller, as there are many out there. Some are modal, non-modal , inc to center, abs to center etc zero needs to be defined, doesnt need to be etc..... Its not gpost that has the error, but rather non-standard standards between the controllers.......................

Reply to
Stu