AD: Speakjet Voice and Audio IC for Sale

The SpeakJet is a completely self contained, single chip voice and complex sound synthesizer. It uses a mathematical sound algorithm to control an internal five channel sound synthesizer to generate on-the-fly, unlimited vocabulary speech synthesis and complex sound generation.

Kenneth Lemieux

just bought one, looking forward to getting it...

Reply to
Blueeyedpop

My gosh, tie me down and spack me with a wet fish!!! someone still offers the SPO256 for sale!!!

Reply to
???

I have the SP0256-AL2 and other speech related IC's. Sorry, I do not yet carry the wet fish. Maybe next spring...

I just sell cause I love 'em.... bit of a collection in the spare room, don't you know. Keeping meaning to put up a museum page.

Reply to
Kenneth Lemieux

Did you get your SpeakJet yet? Do you have it talking?

Reply to
Kenneth Lemieux

got the speakjet just because I had to have one.

Haven't taken the time to build a level shifter, or get a 120 ohm speaker.

Reply to
Blueeyedpop

Well, can't you just wire up 15 8-ohm speakers in series? Come on...where's your sense of adventure!

-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases, Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza

Reply to
Gordon McComb

I think an eval board would be a good idea, if they do not have one already.

Reply to
Blueeyedpop

There is a really nice activity board that will be ready in a week or two. I'll post more details are my site. It's really useful and I expect that most people will want one to go along with their SpeakJets.

In the mean time, I wired up the reference circuit with a voltage regulator and a speaker so I could hear it speak in test mode.

Reply to
Kenneth Lemieux