AD: Speakjet Voice and Audio IC for Sale

The SpeakJet is a completely self contained, single chip voice and complex sound synthesizer. It uses a mathematical sound algorithm to
control an internal five channel sound synthesizer to generate on-the-fly, unlimited vocabulary speech synthesis and complex sound generation.
www.speechchips.com
just bought one, looking forward to getting it...

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 23:45:50 GMT, "Blueeyedpop"

My gosh, tie me down and spack me with a wet fish!!! someone still offers the SPO256 for sale!!!
I have the SP0256-AL2 and other speech related IC's. Sorry, I do not yet carry the wet fish. Maybe next spring...
I just sell cause I love 'em.... bit of a collection in the spare room, don't you know. Keeping meaning to put up a museum page.

Did you get your SpeakJet yet? Do you have it talking?

got the speakjet just because I had to have one.
Haven't taken the time to build a level shifter, or get a 120 ohm speaker.
Mike

Blueeyedpop wrote:

Well, can't you just wire up 15 8-ohm speakers in series? Come on...where's your sense of adventure!
-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases, Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza
I think an eval board would be a good idea, if they do not have one already.
Going to surplus store today, just have to remember the level shifter and speaker...

speaker.
There is a really nice activity board that will be ready in a week or two. I'll post more details are my site. It's really useful and I expect that most people will want one to go along with their SpeakJets.
In the mean time, I wired up the reference circuit with a voltage regulator and a speaker so I could hear it speak in test mode.