Anyone seen/used Devantech's new head?

I happened on Devantech's new pan and tilt unit on their web site:
http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/shop/Panx47Tilt_Turrets2153.htm
I looked into ther assembly manual.
http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/files/Aluminum_Turret_Assem.pdf
I'm not sure how I feel about the price: 45 lbs Sterling for 4 bent pieces of sheet metal, two bottom end servos, and a package of screws and what not.
The end thing looks very desireable, but by the time you mount all those sensors, the cost of the sheet metal fades in the total price.
Is this where we should be going with our robots? Or is this still underkill? or overkil?
Thoughts?
-- Randy M. Dumse www.newmicros.com Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear.