AVRCam vs. CMUCam vs. ?

I'm going to take a stab at getting my Robosapien outfitted with a camera with onboard blob recognition capability. I'm looking at the AVRCam and the
CMUCam right now. I've heard that the AVRCam outperforms the CMUCam at this task.
http://www.jrobot.net/Projects/AVRcam.html - AVRCam
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~cmucam/home.html - CMUCam
What is the experience of those of you that have worked with these units?
Or, do you know of a comparably priced unit that works better? (Something that doesn't require a lottery win to buy. :) )
Also, if you created a wireless link so that you could transmit data to a PC, I'd like to know the details since in my case the PC will be taking that data and then instructing my robot on what to do next.
I'm considering mounting it a little below the robots midsection like a belt, possibly on top of a devantech turret if I can figure out the mounting issues.
Thanks,
--
Thanks,
Robert
[...]
Robert Oschler wrote:

Check out this site for a wireless cam hack that looks beautiful. He used a miniature wireless cam.
http://www.robosapien.tk /
Eljin