basic stamp vs rabbit

Ha. Nice processor for multiple-byte math. I wrote my first floating-point math package for that thing back in the eighties. Variable precision. I think it was more like 1 MIPS than 1MHz (6502 was /4 clock wasn't it?)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

In an elemtary school mathematics book. Notice how two three-digit decimal numbers can be multiplied using only multiplication tables through 9*9, and techniques of adding carries:

123 456 --- 738 615 492 ----- 56088

To multiply two 16 bit numbers with an 8-bit multiply function, let's say the high eight bits of the first number is AH and the low eight bits is AL, and likewise the other 16-bit number is BH and BL:

P1 = AL * BL where P1 is a 16-bit value P2 = AH * BL likewise for P2, P3 and P4 P3 = AL * BH P4 = AH * BH

THe final product, a 32-bit number, is: PRODUCT = P1 + (P2 * 256) + (P3 * 256) + (P4 * 65536)

or using C's

Reply to
Ben Bradley

ther sure is: