HPGL implemented on a basic stamp

Hi,

I'm building a simple plotter. I want to be able to print from windows. Is it possible to write code on a basic stamp, such that it understands most of the HPGL and turns it into the XY stepper motor movements required by my plotter? My concern is memory. I think (but am not sure) that such a program would be too big and would not fit into a basic stamp's program memory.

How can I turn HPGL (or Postscript) into XY stepper motor movements?

Thanks! juliabean

Reply to
Julia Goolia

Dear All,

Just finishing a project doing just this, plotting on a "paper" 40 m by

10 m with an accuracy of less than 5 mm. In general this should be doable even on low power CPUs (our system, however, uses a 200 MHz PowerPC), but be careful about various HPGL dialects. Please also note that some CAD programs does not generate Arc commands (Autocad uses lots of small line segments) and scaling might become a bit of a pain. Before you start check the HPGL dialect of your system and then just parse it.

Kind regards

Sjur

Reply to
Sjur Vestli