Javelin vs BASIC stamp

I have two questions. I would appreciate your advice or pointers (no pun intended). Firstly, I have never used a BASIC stamp.

1) Is Javelin faster or slower than the new ~12,000 instruction per second BASIC stamp?

2) I'm building a neural network. Basically its a complicated and processor intensive bunch of nested loops. I have already built a simulated neural network in BASIC and ported to C++ also. Speed is what I'm after...

In general, would a BASIC stamp program be faster than the equivalent C++ program running on a fast (in today's standards) PC?

IOW, could I make this neural network run faster with a BASIC stamp, or would the simulated C++ version on my 2GHz PC run faster?

Thanks

Reply to
Rich