Best C++ Serial Library?

Hi, I'm getting started with C++ because our school's robotics club found last year that Java's (third party) serial libraries are a bit
slow for our needs, so we're intending to split our program into two parts so that the more speed-critical parts are in C++. What would be a good C++ serial library to use? My main requirements are just speed and ease of use. Thanks for the help!
Ibrahim Awwal wrote:

How fast do you need to go?
                    John Nagle

It's too bad you're not using C#. I've done serial comm with both. C+ + is a nightmare to code for a serial port. C# was quite straightforward. Let me know if you want my C++ sample code. I should be able to dig it up.
BRW
BRW wrote:

Its too bad you're using windows. Its a world easier on linux. ;)
- Daniel

Serial as in RS232?
Only ask because I had a frustrating time trying to connect at 9600 baud to a PC. I started by sending to it from an interrupt driven buffer, ended up sending against a timer tick so I could slow it down.
Even tried writing an interrupt handler for the PC, enabled the UART FIFO's, still lost data.
Worked under DOS but not under Windows, think I may need a serial to USB adaptor.

Look here: http://www.seetron.com/ssc.htm They sell serial port based RC controllers and they also have a free library for talking to the PC's serial port. -howy

Haha, that's actually the SSC we're using I believe. I suppose I could learn C# instead, as long as it's pretty fast (I think our compass does 10 or 100 hz). I can't use Linux because we're running on an OQO and getting drivers for all its stuff would probably be a pain in the rear. Side note: Never use the OQO Model 01(+) for a robotics project. It gets hot as heck in a few minutes of use. Don't know if the Model 02 is better in that regard. I guess I'll check out C# and see how well it works, we've got 10 weeks to work on this project so I can afford to play around with stuff a bit.