Image Processing for a Submarine

Hi, I'm working on an unmanned submarine for my high school's robotics club. Right now we're using a CMU cam that tells us what colors are being detected, or something like that. We'd like to move beyond this and are considering using a webcam and grabbing images from that and processing them. Our software is written in Java, but we plan to work with JNI so I think C/C++ is possible. What would be our best option for a camera and where can I get started with image processing?

Reply to
Ibrahim Awwal

Will the unmanned submarine have a physical cable connection to a boat? I would imagine for a self controlled unconnected submarine sonar might be useful like those sonar fish finders?

Reply to
JGCASEY

One of the best places to get started with image processing using a webcam and interfacing vision with robots is

You can interface to that application using Java to extend the application as needed while having the basic filters running within the application at C/C++ speeds.

STeven.

Ibrahim Awwal wrote:

Reply to
RoboRealm