BX24 and 14 pin LCD

How can I hook a BX24 to a 14 pin LCD in the simplest way possible?

PhilK wrote:

No use in wasting a lot of BX24 pins, so get a serial-LCD. They use one line RS232, but you would need a level translator, unless can find a serial-LCD that accepts 0-5v input.
- dan michaels www.oricomtech.com ====================
So the lcd unit sold on the BasicX website would probably be the quickest and cheapest option. Thankyou for your help, much appreciated.
PhilK wrote:

Checking out that particular device, I see it works with either RS232 or logic levels for input. It is also cheaper than most other serial LCDs. I bought one recently for $54, which has a MAX232 cheap, and requires RS232 levels only. Ones that will work either way, logic or RS232 levels, use either just a series R, or better, an NPN inverter.
ok. I am more familiar with RS232, I was thinking cheap by hacking a display from existing hardware, I am computer support for a facility with 1000+ user and from time to time get the chance to part out some server machines, the 14 pin display was from Compaq ML370 I believe. The price of the BasicX module doesnt even warrant messing with the one I have now. Thanks for the advice, really appreciated
http://www.myke.com/lcd.htm will start you off with LCD interfacing; use the 4-bit interface if you want to minimize pin usage; use 8-bit if you want to keep software easier to read.
PhilK wrote:

or you could try this: http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html probably cheaper and color.
Don...