DC TACH MOTOR

I recently came across a motor which I am unsure how to operate.

The following information is the only data I have on it which came from a label.

MCG PN# 23DCMT1834 Manufacturing Code: 0009110031 Torque Cont. 50.0 oz-inch Current Cont. 1.6amps

I did some searching around on Google but have been unable to find any useful information.

It has four connectors. By applying power to the top two the shaft of the motor will spin. I'm under the impression that this could be used as a servo motor with a pwm type signal but I have no idea where to even start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank

Reply to
nitroxextreme

when you apply power as you say, do you measure a voltage across the other two terminals? a common (less common these days) feedback system is to have a small generator connected to the motor with which it is possible to measure the motor's speed. obviously this isn't as accurate (at least in the integral sense) as digital encoders but it works if you want to build an analog controller.

-chris

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Edward C. Kern

Didn't look very hard, did you? Just put "MCG" into Google, and you get back "MCG - Electric Motors, DC, Brushless, and Step Motors".

You have an MCG brush-type motor with a tachometer generator for feedback. Voltage from the tachometer leads is proportional to RPM. You can get an encoder for it, but it doesn't have one. The current part equivalent may be the MCG ID23008. Does it look like this?

Those are good motors. But the only feedback output gets you speed, not position.

John Nagle Team Overbot

Reply to
John Nagle