FCC Compliance Question

Hello All,
Up to this point I've mainly been involved with robotic circuits from a "hobby" standpoint. If I venture into more of the commercial realm, I'm
wondering about FCC compliance.
For example, if I develop several small "animatronic" type figures (based on PICs and servos) for use in a restaurant-type environment, what do I need to worry about regarding FCC regs -- particularly Part 15 compliance? If I have, say, 30 different "one-off" circuits controlling the different figures (each one may have different characteristics), am I basically looking at the need to certify each one of these circuits?
Some of these circuits may also be networked via RS-485. Does that change anything regarding compliance?
I guess the real question is: Are there any ideas on how to do this in such a way that compliance doesn't become the dominant cost of commercializing these things?
Thanks...
I've never done it before, but if you are not controlling the systems using a radio-link, I don't think you need to get an FCC part-15 test done.
I looked on several devices around my home and found ones that don't mention FCC part-15 on them. Portable DVD player, digital camera, USP-to-RS232 adapter etc.
You really meed to send an e-mail to the FCC about this. I like to help, but this is not the right group to ask when there is clearly a way to ask the right authority. snipped-for-privacy@fcc.gov
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622