Hexapod tripod gait is bumping too much!

Patrick Themessl wrote:

Some ideas: - Find the maximum acceleration which doesn't cause spilling; use something below that to ramp up/ramp down the foot velocity curve. - Move all three legs at once, but set the feet down one at a time (sort of a tripedal gallop?) - Start swaying the stance legs before the swing legs touch down. - Mount the cup on a spring/damper cushion. e.g. foam or a small pillow - carpet the floor - Place a lid on the cup. ;-)
Good luck, Daniel
Hi D.,
D Herring schrieb:

We will probably spend our remaining time doing this.

This sounds like a good idea, I will try it! Thank you!

I am not completely sure if I got your idea, but if I did, wouldn't this even amplify the bump by doubling the speed at which the legs hit the floor?

Not allowed to do so :-)

Also not allowed.

Thanks for that!
    Patrick
Patrick Themessl wrote:

Art Kuo[1] did some work on the energy costs of human gaits. IIRC, one of his findings[2] was that you could reduce the energy lost on foot-ground impact by pushing off with the stance leg just before the swing leg struck ground.
Yeah, timing this wrong could be bad; but if done right, you should be able to the the torso moving _in anticipation of_ the foot impact, thus softening the blow.
- Daniel
[1] http://www-personal.umich.edu/~artkuo / [2] This paper might describe it http://www-personal.umich.edu/~artkuo/Papers/ESSR05.pdf See especially figures 1 and 2.
Hello,
I just wanted to say thank you once more for all your help, especially to Daniel who had the idea with the better timing and to Joe who made me pay more attention to the acceleration and deacceleration phase.
All in all the gait performed by the hexapod seems quite OK now, although not 100 % perfect. I'm curious about how the other teams will do tomorrow at the competition :-)
I'm going to bed now (it's 23:57 over here), so have a good night!
    -- Patrick

can there be some surge device which can take and supply water as per instaneous need or an another speed can be supplemented to smoothen acceleration or retardation.

if the forces could be transmitted hydraulically in horrizontal directions.