I2C motor controller board recommendation for pan/tilt camera?

I need to make a small robust pan/tilt camera that is controlled via I2C. I plan to use two very small DC gearmotors to drive it, one in pan and the other in tilt. The camera will be one of those small lightweight metal boxed board cameras, you know, about 1" x 1" with a changable board lens.

Since the power requirements are very small, can anybody suggest a source of a very small I2C dual motor controller board (or two small single motor controller boards)? thanks for any help at all.

Reply to
brian

When you say something like "very small" here, please give numbers. To digital camera designers, milliwatt piezo motors are "very small". In heavy industrial automation, anything under 100 watts is "very small".

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle

I don't know about I2C, but Pololu makes a serial controller. If you know something about microcontrollers I'm sure you would whip up an I2C-to-serial interface, it would be quite easy.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

You might want to consider hobby servo motors for moving a small camera like that. You can buy a hobby servo pan/tilt unit very cheaply. If you go that way, you could use an SD21 servo controller, which has an I2C interface.

BRW

Reply to
BRW