Kalman filter in robotics

Hi

We have the position and velocity of products on the conveyor in time t=t1. How can we estimate position in time t=t1+T (T is scan time) if we know max.acceleration, max.jerk, max. velocity for this product? Product is on the conveyor. We need probably Kalman filter, but can somebody tell me formel how can we calculate position in t=t1+T.

Thanks.

Best regards

Leo

Reply to
leo

Given position x at time t1, your task is to estimate the velocity v(t) between t1 and t1+T. Then x(t1+T)=x(t1)+integral(v(t), t1, t1+T).

The acceleration term can compensate for changes in velocity; but it will just add noise if the velocity is relatively constant.

- Daniel

Reply to
D Herring