Kalman Filter - Position estimating

Hello,

I've got a video in which I need to detect a moving target. Besides other steps, I need to implement the kalman filter to follow the target.

I was thinking to create a window to surround the target and then, calculate the position of a point of that window in the next frame.

I've already read something about the Kalman Filter, but I don't understand how can I use it to estimate the position.

Can anyone give some tips on how can I implement the kalman filter in matlab?

Thank you,

Ana Fernandes

Reply to
Ana

actually, it could be much simpler to calculate Image(K+1)-Image(K) . Should you have a non-null result, that means the target moved ...

Reply to
JayKay