Kalman Filter - Position estimating

Hello,
I've got a video in which I need to detect a moving target. Besides other steps, I need to implement the kalman filter to follow the
target.
I was thinking to create a window to surround the target and then, calculate the position of a point of that window in the next frame.
I've already read something about the Kalman Filter, but I don't understand how can I use it to estimate the position.
Can anyone give some tips on how can I implement the kalman filter in matlab?
Thank you,
Ana Fernandes
actually, it could be much simpler to calculate Image(K+1)-Image(K) . Should you have a non-null result, that means the target moved ...