laser sensors

Hi all,

I am somehow confussed regarding SICK's laser sensors. We are planning to buy one of these sensors for our mobile robot (a custom made robot, similar in design to a B21).

I have been working with an old LMS sensor and I am looking for the same functionality: obtaining an array or readings containing the distances to obstacles. The reseller in my country has talked to me about a new model the S3000. He is not sure if it will be useful for me as it is usually used only to raise alarms when people or obstacles enter the security zones. It is the successor of the PLS, and somewhere in this list I have read a message assimilating the PLS to the LMS.

Is someone using a S3000 or a PLS? What about the drivers (the protocol)?

Thank you

Reply to
belion