laser measurement system

Hi,

I am developing an application for train washing unit using laser scanners for finding the height of the train car,position of the wheelsetc. I want the 2d coordinates so for that I want to use laser scanners.please let me know which laser scanners are suitable for my application.Also let me know what is the ouput data of the laser scanner and which software is used for processing the data.please help me.

Thanks, venkata

Reply to
venkata_sukumar

You really need to talk to the manufacturers of the scanners for this industrial application

is a good place to start looking.

You may want to consider a machine-vision system or even an array of distance sensors.

I have no experience in this field, but I think its likely that you'll have to write some bespoke software to process your sensor data.

Tim

Reply to
tim