Acroname PPRK question

Kind of a stupid one, actually, but... is there a *name* for the type of locomotion that this robot uses?

I keep finding a way to describe it, and coming up short.

Reply to
David McMillan

Holonomic Drive ?

Reply to
Dave

its called holonomic drive

Reply to
MR Robot

Holonomic is a little generic. A synchro drive is holonomic also.

Since it uses omni wheels, I would just call it omni drive.

Reply to
Mark Haase

--Hey that's a neat bot! Omniwheels are pretty awesome devices but this is the cheapest platform for them that I've seen in a complete kit. Might have to snag one...

Reply to
steamer

Note that the platform mentioned has changed from transwheels to omniwheels. I built something similar with those transwheels, and it doean't move as nicely as I'd hoped. I'll upgrade to omniwheels now.

Mike Ross

Reply to
Mike Ross