Lithium Polymer rechargable cells.

Hi Group,
I know we are all concerned about batteries, and I know the Sumo and combat robotics people are looking for nice batteries as well.
Up until recently, I have been using NiMH in my robotics projects. Lithium Ion cells did not have an acceptable discharge rate.
There are now Lithium Polymer batteries out there with amazing characteristics. You can discharge at a rate of at least 5C, and they have very little mass. A 2400 mA 11.1 Volt pack can deliver 18 amps, and only weighs 150 grams.
I have been buying from http://www.lightflightrc.com , because they have been the most knowledgable and helpful. There are precautions that you must follow, like not discharging below a certain level, and using a special charger, but it is well worth it.
I am in the process of converting my robotic centipede to use 6, 2s2400 Li Ion packs. THis will make my harness a lot less complicated.
Mike Keesling
Http://www.bio-bot.com/movies