MindForth 24.JAN.2008

The LISP language was supposed to be the language of AI, but Forth came in first with Mind.Forth on 22.JAN.2008 and

as the first offspring of the first AI. Now Lisp must play also-ran catch-up and scramble to imitate
- MindForth.

How did Forth AI get so far ahead of Lisp AI? And how long will MindForth and company lead the AI pack? Wake up, Lisp community, or get left behind in the race to the AI future.

The AI creation cycle is already in its second iteration. Today we Forth AI coders will take an already working AI program and -- we have the technology -- make it better, smarter, stronger.

Out first order of business is to change the verbClear mind-module that drops activation on all verbs to zero and transform it into a verbClip module that clips off any activation on verbs above a given threshold level, so that the commencement of user input does not get swamped by high activation remaining on verbs, but also does not terminate the viability of chains of thought.

ATM/Mentifex

--

mentifex

On Jan 25, 4:14 am, snipped-for-privacy@myuw.net wrote: ...

Sorry, but my natural intelligence is letting me down somewhat.

What does mindforth actually do? How might somebody make use of it?

Reply to
Ged Byrne

MindForth shows the theory of mind at

action -- thinking in meandering chains of thought.

Somebody might make use of it by teaching a course on artificial intelligence in connection with

-- the original AI4U textbook material expanded to include AI background Wikipedia articles and updated AI4U chapter-webpages.

First, of course, a skeptical mind would have to examine Mind.Forth and decide whether it is truly thinking or just faking it like a chatbot. A specific version of Win32Forth has to be downloaded and the free AI source code has to be "fload"-ed into Win32Forth.

Now, the Wright brothers' "First Flight" (see coin) aeroplane at Kitty Hawk in 1903 was not a Space Shuttle, and neither is MindForth a superintelligence. In fact, it is the most primitive AI in the world (and also perhaps the _only_ AI in the world).

But if you run Mind.Forth in Tutorial mode and study the User Manual free on-line at

may discover that the Forthmind (not _yet_ the Lispmind!) spreads activation from concept to concept and thus thinks under a Chomskyan superstructure.

And if you remain skeptical, revisit MindForth as time goes by and see if it gets any better.

By the way, Tim Bradshaw and other Lispers, whoever would fain port MindForth to Lisp is welcome to switch all the documentation over to Lisp-oriented webpages online.

Now please be civil and not ad hominem.

Arthur T. Murray/Mentifex

Reply to
mentifex