Modern equivalent to Ferretronics

Long ago, maybe 8 years of so, I got some Ferrettronics chips to control RC servos. Worked pretty well, I wrote some Java using their API kit, and played arround some.

I've just started reading this newsgroup a while and see Ferrettronics has been bought out by E-Lab Digital Engineering who are still using the old website.

Is this still a "cool" way to control servos? or are there more modern and cooler or cheaper or better ways to approach this?

Thx

Reply to
Pat Farrell