My university is building a Robotics lab , I need help for best kits.

Our professor wanted us to search for learning and experience kits on Robotics for buying them to lab. I am open to suggestions please. Which kits may be best
for learning Robotics ? Kits will be used by Computer and Electronic Engineers. Price/Quality ratio is really important since our budget is limited. And also , shipping is an issue.
writes:

There really isn't enough information here to give any informed device -- we start with not knowing whether you're looking for industrial robots vs. AI-style mobile robots, and go downhill from there.
Making the assumption (based on "kits") that you want mobile robots, I'd suggest starting by wandering around http://www.pololu.com/
responding to http://www.polytechforum.com/robotics/my-university-is-building-a-robotics-lab-i-need-help-for-b-45043-.htm , Hercule Poirot wrote: Actually lab is a mixed one. We are buying CNC , robot arms , industrial routers and AI-mobile robots. It will be a wide-area robotics lab. But I am interested in non-industrial robot kits , like quadricopters etc.