One more Substitution question

Generally speaking, is it okay to substitute a a 2n4403 gp semiconctor with a 2n4401?
A better question, I suppose, would be are there any good sites on the
internet to learn basic electronics. I'm working on building my first robot from instructions I found in a magazine and I'm quickly learning that I need some basic electronics knowledge.
Richard
Richard A. wrote:

Not that you couldn't figure it out, but I meant Semiconductor.
One of the best I've found is:
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/index.html
Marc