opinions on the Mobile Laptop package from Zagros Robotics ?

I'm thinking of purchasing the Mobile Laptop package from Zagros Robotics, plus an extra motor and motor controller (that plugs into the MC11 backplane). My 'bot mostly will need to drive around the house and peridoically operate a lead-screw mechanism to raise a platform - carrying no more than 10 lbs of cargo, I think.

I don't really need to use the Lexan/Plexiglass platforms, but it still seems like the cheapest way to get a great bunch of motor/controller goodies even if I don't use the platforms. I'll be using a mini-book PC for the "big brains" of the bot, and it seems like a great idea to offload to the MC11 unit all of the driving functions, emergency stop, etc.

One thing I would like to be able to do is to upgrade to more powerful motors one day while keeping the motor driver electronics.

Does anybody have any opinions on the kit ? Other suggestions ?

Also, I would like to see more data than is present on the site for item # ME2435 Max 96/99/97 motor 25 rpm, 20 in-lb 12vdc, 20in-lb torque, 25 rpm motor

If anyone has any more info I would appreciate it !

Thanks in advance! "Pogo"

Reply to
Pogo