OT: Anyone know what's become of picobotics.com?

Pogo wrote:

searched for BudgetRobotics on the IA site, and it looks like access from thier side is indeed blocked, now. Maybe they finally took the desired action as a result of this discussion ? Or is it still on there ? ( I didn't do an exhaustive search ... )
As I mentioned, IA still has caches of any page it indexed before I added the robots.txt file. All the robots.txt file does is restrict the display of content they are retaining on their system. I only have to remove the robots.txt file and IA will again display all the previous caches of my pages. If I were to abandon or lose the domain, I would have absolutely no control over what IA did with *my* content. Sucks, don't it.
I would have absolutely *no* quarrel with them if they actually removed the content from their database when using the robots.txt file, as their page says. I am not against IA, just against them not telling the truth.

include in *my* robots.txt since I don't want archived copies of my site while under fine tuning.
The downside to this is (I think) you won't get a ranking on Alexa if you block ia_archiver. It's the Alexa bot that trawls the Internet and forks off the pages to IA. Yeah, I know...big woop. Most people have never even heard of Alexa.
-- Gordon

Hmmmm. Now I see exactly what you mean. Yeah it *does* suck, when you put it that way. It *should* be a "until further notice" kinda thing, in my opinion.
I'm getting more protective of content I am presently creating because of all the work that is going into it. I don't want someone else taking credit for it - or even worse - cutting me out of any profit as a result of work * I * did! All that to say that I see your point.

Been aware of Alexa for a few years now. Big whoop for the *moment*, but I will start caring fairly soon!
Anyway, proof yet again that *this* newsgroup is very educational! JCD