parts for recharging batteries using induction ?

My electric toothbrush recharges by induction, with no metal contacts = touching. I am guessing that the guts of this is basically just the 2 = halves of a transformer, with one half in the base and the other half in = the bottom of the toothbrush.

I've been thinking for a while now that this would be a great way for = consumer oriented robots to recharge. No contacts mean no sparks = (hopefully!)=20

Does anyone know of off-the-shelf components that be used to construct = something similar for 'bots ? I guess I could roll my own ( make that = "wind" my own! ) but I'm all for saving time & effort if they are = ready-made and affordable!

Thanks ! JCD

Reply to
Pogo

something similar for 'bots ? I guess I could roll my own ( make that "wind" my own! ) but I'm all for saving time & effort if they are ready-made and affordable!

I'd start by buying another toothbrush and disassembling it :)

--buddy

Reply to
Buddy Smith

My dad bid on a job to construct the inventor of Furby's office. it included startrek type console, and nice electric reclining chair. The chair was battery powered and charged by induction.

I don't know of any ready made parts, but some wire and some circular/ cylindrical forms should do the trick. make it 120v input. step down to 14v, and then use rectifiers, caps, and voltage regulator to get your good DC supply.

Rich

Reply to
aiiadict

Take a look at this:

-Will

Yep - this is what I'm thinking I'd have to do. Thanks!

Reply to
will.lynelle

ready-made and