parts for recharging batteries using induction ?

My electric toothbrush recharges by induction, with no metal contacts touching. I am guessing that the guts of this is basically just the 2 halves of a transformer, with one half in the base and the other half in the bottom of the toothbrush.
I've been thinking for a while now that this would be a great way for consumer oriented robots to recharge. No contacts mean no sparks (hopefully!)
Does anyone know of off-the-shelf components that be used to construct something similar for 'bots ? I guess I could roll my own ( make that "wind" my own! ) but I'm all for saving time & effort if they are ready-made and affordable!
Thanks ! JCD

something similar for 'bots ? I guess I could roll my own ( make that "wind" my own! ) but I'm all for saving time & effort if they are ready-made and affordable!
I'd start by buying another toothbrush and disassembling it :)
--buddy
On Apr 11, 11:57 pm, "Pogo" wrote:

My dad bid on a job to construct the inventor of Furby's office. it included startrek type console, and nice electric reclining chair. The chair was battery powered and charged by induction.
I don't know of any ready made parts, but some wire and some circular/ cylindrical forms should do the trick. make it 120v input. step down to 14v, and then use rectifiers, caps, and voltage regulator to get your good DC supply.
Rich

Yep - this is what I'm thinking I'd have to do. Thanks!
Take a look at this:
http://www.afrotechmods.com/fuxx0red/mouse/mouse.htm
-Will

"wind"
and
Yep - this is what I'm thinking I'd have to do. Thanks!