Piezo Accelerometers?

MSI (http://www.msiusa.com/piezo/metallized_piezo_film.htm ) produces, amoung other things, some moderately priced piezo-based accelerometers.
Has anyone tried these? They have a 3-axis chip for $25 (granted they have a minimum $100 order). How would these compare with the accelerometers by AD or Memsic?
I see you found the same thing I did.. I started a thread on the oopic egroups talking about the same thing.

Did you notice the 3 axis eveaulation board. Pre canned acceleromter...
http://www.msiusa.com/download/pdf/english/piezo/analog_test_pcb_accelerometer.pdf

I don't think you can measure static or slowly changing acceleration with piezoelectric film based sensors.
Paul.

Chris S. wrote:

Paul mentionmed it elsewhere -- Analog's and Memsic's accelerometers can detect DC acceleration, in other words gravity. The Measurement Specialty accelerometers cannot, due the piezo structure. Sometimes this is what you want, though. It all depends on your application. A DC-bias sensor can be used for static tilt, for example.
Don't overlook some of MSI's other products, like the omnidirectional ultrasonic sensor, or piezeo cable. The latter makes for a good hard-impact bumper switch.
-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases, Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza