Re: Advice and Help with Project for a newbie..

Ignoring the fact that you posted a picture to a non-binaries group:

Brent, The motion you are talking about is called reciprication. Reciprication is done with an offset shaft. Look at the way a locomotive drives its wheels. The motor would only need to go in one direction, if you needed feedback, you can sense the two positions. Delay would be from either a microcontroller or a set of one-shots.

See howstuff works for an explaination and animation:

Scott

Hello there Folks. > > I need some advice as to how I would make a small dc motor (say that ran on > 2 c cell batterys) that would mimic a windshield wiper motor with a delay. > > 1. This motor would have to lift a .25 pound weight > 2. The motor would travel one 1/2 turn clockwise, then travel back 1/2 turn > in 2 seconds, and then delay for 10 sec. > It would be cool if the delay could be set to 5 second intervals from 1 > second to 5 minutes. > > Enclosed is what I have envisioned as my final product. > > Figure 1 shows my staring position > Figure 2 shows my mid Position > Figure 3 Shows my 1/2 turn > Figure 4 shows my resting position with a 1 second delay, > Then it repeats the process,,, > > Thanks ... > > Brent > > enclosed is a picture of what the finished product might look like..
Reply to
Scott McDonnell