Re: Protection from motor currents

My teacher at TAFE college told me about back EMF and said he uses

> IN4007 "flywheel" diodes for back EMF suppression, especially with > PICmicro, which are particularly sensitive to noise. He drew it on > paper, but I did a diagram for you (attached)

Um, I wouldn't connect power to that circuit, if I were you. Check the diode orientation.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Dean

What would happen? I checked the circuit and reproduced it as he drew it. As you can guess, I haven't actually started the course yet, so I can't interpret the circuit. Maybe it should be -0V on the bottom?

Dale

Reply to
DS

The way the diodes are oriented, there are two paths of short circuit from 12V to ground. The diodes need to be flipped around the other way.

For example, see:

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Dean