Re: WYSIWYG Programmer for Pic's

"Earl Bollinger" wrote in news:Ezm%9.147209$_s4.52122@rwcrnsc54:

Depends on whether your using a simple three servo hexapod or a more > advanced one. > The advanced "many servos" hexapods, are just that, very advanced. The > hardware is the easy part, > programming 18 to 24 or more servos to make it walk is a complex task. > Only the ISOPOD, that I know of, from
can actually handle > the advanced hexpods at this time. > otherwise your in for some very advanced programming efforts to get it to > work. > > I would suggest using a Basic Stamp and a simpler three servo hexapod from >
first, to get your > feet wet. There has been a number of advanced hexapods showing up on Ebay > from people that discovered how difficult it is to > program one to work. > Then after you get more comfortable and more experienced, you can go to a > more advanced one. > > I don't want to discourage you, I instead applaud your efforts. I just want > you to have a good experience and some fun doing it. > The OOPIC would work well with a three servo hexapod design. But it'll fail > with 18-24 servos. Even attempting to control 18-24 > servos through a couple of serial interfaced MCU servo controllers is still > full of problems (mostly the timing involved getting all the servos > to move in unison correctly and in a timely fashion. > > > >> >> I'm a newbie at the robotics arena, and my knowlege of programming is very >> limited. I was wondering if there was a good WYSIWYG programmer out there >> that uses a flowchart scheme to programming. I read about Flowcode, and > it >> seems very intuitive. What are the pro's and con's to this program? I > plan >> to use the OOPIC-R for a hexapod robot using servos, and I have the design >> down in AutoCAD, but the programming part is my only true road block right >> now. I'm sure there are many programmers out there, but what would be the >> best for a beginner? >> >> All replies ar greatly appreciated! >> >> Thanks, >> Bryan >> >> > >

I have used an original OOPic to make a 12 servo hexapod which worked well.

12 servo is max for one OOPic. The walking wasn't real pretty, more along the lines of 2 tripods, but it did work. Also was able to make it turn, etc. Then lost interest and went on to another type of platform. I found that the OOpic was very easy to learn on.
Reply to
The village idiot