Ring Magnet for Hall effect sensor

Hi, I need to get a quadrature output to keep track of and axle shaft speed and direction. I was thinking of using one of Allegro's A3425? They use a ring
magnet on the shaft and a hall effect sensor to form a non-contact sensor. Has anyone used this sensor? Can someone point me to a ring magnet supplier?
Thanks heaps.
Well there are several people selling rign magnet's on Ebay. Try searching for "neodymium magnets" and see if anything pops up of interest. I've used different Allegro sensors from time to time. But I only used a simple 1/16" or 1/8" small cylindrical neodymium magnets. I simply drilled a small hole to hold the magnet and used epoxy, RTV, or high temp RTV to hold the magnet in place. The Allegro gear tooth sensors work real neat too. They pick up the gear teeth as they pass close to the sensor, makes for really nive high res sensing too. You don't need a magnetfor them, as the gear tooth sensors have it already built in. Important Note: some sensors are south pole versus north pole sensitive, make sure you have the correct magnet pole facing towards the sensor before you glue them in. Otherwise the sensor won't work.

and